Pop Culture-Inspired Programs for Tweens, Teens, and Adults
Amy J. Alessio, Katie LaMantia, and Emily Vinci
Let’s have a Pac-Man Party! Or perhaps you’d rather make your own lava lamp or love beads, or just chow down on some nifty ‘50s snacks? The newest book from this unbeatable team of best-selling authors trawls the decades for a super, fabulous, groovy, awesome, and totally rad assortment of programs for patrons of all ages. Complete with programming best practices, age ranges and suggested variations for multigenerational or family events, planning lists, budgeting guidance, and marketing advice, this book will engage your library’s users through
- toy-centric events that riff on Everything Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch Kids and more;
- Poodle Totes, Flannel Pillows, Flair Fun, Graffiti Art, and other DIY projects;
- video screenings such as I Want My MTV, Nostalgia Nickelodeon Night, Cult Movie Fest, and Marvel Madness;
- programs that incorporate yummy treats like cake pops, Chex mix, Classic Candies by the Decade, and popular microwaveable foods from the 80s; and
- themed book discussion groups, board game gatherings, trivia contests, and many more fun programs.
Everything old is new again in this delightful collection of programs that will have patrons coming back to your library for more.
We Also Recommend
50+ Fandom Programs: Planning Festivals and Events for Tweens, Teens, and Adults
A to Zoo, Supplement to the Ninth Edition: Subject Access to Children's Picture Books