Marketing with Social Media: A LITA Guide, Second Edition
Beth C. Thomsett-Scott (Editor)
176 pages • 6" x 9"
Year Published: 2018
This all-new edition gathers a range of contributors to explore real-world uses of library marketing technology, perfect for novices ready to dive in as well as practitioners on the lookout for ways to improve existing efforts. Inside, librarians share insights on how they use their favorite social media tools to promote their library and build community. Applicable to all types of institutions, this guide
- covers popular tools such as Snapchat, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter;
- shares four easy-to-use tools for creating memes, tips for creating short videos, and ways to integrate blogs into social media;
- demonstrates how to use reaction GIFs and tagging to boost your Tumblr posts;
- shows how to tailor messages to communicate effectively with different generations and audiences; and
- includes screen shots, illustrations, sample social media policies to help you navigate controversies, and free online training resources.
With the valuable information contained in this guide, libraries can reach their users and create connections that resonate with them.
We Also Recommend
Altmetrics: A Practical Guide for Librarians, Researchers and Academics
Apps for Librarians: Using the Best Mobile Technology to Educate, Create, and Engage