Reciprocal Teaching at Work
Lori D. Oczkus
312 pages • 8½ x 11
Year Published: 2010
In this much anticipated, revised, and expanded edition of her bestseller Reciprocal Teaching at Work, Lori Oczkus continues to provide solutions for teaching comprehension. By focusing on four evidence-based and classroom-tested strategies that good readers use to comprehend text-predicting, questioning, clarifying, and summarizing-Lori shows you new ways to use reciprocal teaching to improve students comprehension while actively engaging them in learning and encouraging independence.
This second edition is jam-packed with fresh material including:
- A new chapter on getting started with reciprocal teaching
- Dozens of creative, exciting lessons and tips for using reciprocal teaching in whole-class settings, guided reading groups, and literature circles
- Ideas for differentiating instruction for struggling readers and English language learners
- Expanded suggestions for grades K–5 and all new ideas for grades 6–12
- Practical ways to use reciprocal teaching as a Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Support materials such as reproducibles, posters, and a lesson planning menu
- A free online professional development guide and free online classroom video clips
With 35 lessons and a wealth of materials to get you started-and keep you going-this is the all-inclusive resource you need to lead your students to become active, engaged, and independent readers who truly comprehend what they read.
We Also Recommend
50+ Fandom Programs: Planning Festivals and Events for Tweens, Teens, and Adults