Moving Materials: Physical Delivery in Libraries
6 x 9
Picking, packing, delivering, and returning library materials can be very time consuming and expensive; yet, it is one of the most important and least understood functions within a library. Until now, little time has been spent studying, exploring, or writing about the physical delivery of library materials.
Moving Materials is the guide to contemporary logistics management for libraries. Eleven experts in the field explore every aspect of this multi-million dollar function, so readers will learn
- The impact of pricing on delivery services
- Managing in-house delivery systems
- The value of outsourcing physical delivery to a carrier service
- Details about routing and materials management systems
- New technologies and the impact of library 2.0 on physical delivery
The how-to's of home delivery
Moving Materials is a practical, useful handbook for library managers who want to save money and offer quality materials to their patrons.
We Also Recommend
2015 ACRL Academic Library Trends and Statistics for Carnegie Classifications: Associates of Arts Colleges, Baccalaureate Colleges, Master’s College and Institutions, Doctorate Granting Institutions